Odds And Ends Vol 1 Issue 11
- We are rapidly approaching the halfway point of 2017. Time for me to ask myself one of my favorite questions; how is this working out?
- This year the answer is, a bit disappointing.
- I was ill from February until nearly the end of May. That is a challenge.
- The bigger issue is this; a lack of motivation, drive and focus. That is a problem.
- Maybe it is a residual effect from being ill, but I am not so sure. I just do not have the same forward momentum I have always had.
- A few weeks ago, my wife said something that really sparked my attention. We live in the Springfield, Massachusetts area. For some time we have discussed the possibility of moving out of New England. This has been an ongoing conversation for a couple of years. We have considered several places in the South.
- Then she said something that really struck home with me. She said, “If we are going to move, why not move somewhere where we really want to live?”
- If we were able to live where we really wanted, we would live in western Washington state. Before we were married, we each lived in that area and really liked it.
- For me, that was the missing element in the area of my motivation. All of a sudden I was all in. The motivation was back!
- Spent a fair amount of time last week to write out the goal to see if we could do it and when. Fall of 2018.
- Amazing what can happen in a simple conversation.
- See you next week!
Thank you for reading JonClaytonWrites. Writing For A Living, Working From Home, & Helping Others To Do The Same! Please feel free to express your thoughts and opinions by leaving a comment. Odds And Ends Vol 1 Issue 11 is a part of Odds And Ends, a regular feature of this site.